Veneers are very thin yet strong pieces of porcelain or composite resin that are bonded to the front of your teeth to improve their appearance. Designed to look like natural teeth, they are a good option for individuals who want to enhance the look, shape and size of their teeth without using braces.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers placed by Dr. Stephen Moore, DDS, offer:
- Effective Solution for a Range of Problems – Veneers are more effective than teeth whitening on internally stained teeth. They are also a great solution for fixing crooked and overlapping teeth, as well as gaps between teeth.
- Natural-looking Teeth – Teeth with veneers will be indistinguishable from the rest of your natural teeth. Veneers are specifically made to match your teeth color and shape.
- Great Results for a Long Time – Veneers are resistant to tea, coffee, and smoking stains so they will stay white longer.
There are a few things you should know before the veneer placement procedure.
- Applying veneers is an irreversible process since some of the tooth enamel has to be filed away to make room for them.
- The process requires at least two visits.
- Your teeth may become sensitive to hot and cold food and beverages for a few days because of the enamel removal.
- Veneers are not very hard so chewing on fingernails, ice cubes, and other hard objects can damage the veneers.
What to Expect During the Procedure
First off, the tooth will need to be reshaped a little to make room for the veneer. For that, your dentist will remove a very small amount of your tooth enamel. A resin-based adhesive is then used to bond the veneer to the tooth. Your dentist will then use a special curing light to harden the adhesive and ensure the proper functioning of veneer.
Longevity of Veneers
If you follow a good oral hygiene routine and maintain regular visits with Dr. Stephen Moore, your veneers can last for twenty years or more. If you take excellent care of your teeth, your veneers can easily last a lifetime.
The Cost of Veneers
The cost of your treatment primarily depends on the complexity of the procedure. Using veneers to improve your smile and hide a few stained teeth will cost less compared to applying multiple veneers to hide crooked or misaligned teeth. Talk to us at Grand View Family and Cosmetic Dentistry about how we can work with your insurance company or set up a payment plan for your treatment.
If you believe dental veneers might be the best option to get the smile you have always wanted, contact Grand View Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Stephen Moore, DDS, and his team of dental professionals will take care of your family’s dental needs. Call us now at 920-996-0123 or visit our office at 381 South Kools St, Appleton, WI 54914.